Tech Support Engineer
This is a permanent, full time position, primarily based at our office / data centre in Slough.
We are seeking an intelligent, tech-savvy, customer-focused person to play a key role in our support and operations team: someone who can successfully bridge the gap between technical proficiency and business skills. ElasticHosts is a brand of Paragon Internet Group, one of Europe's fastest growing hosting companies.
Part of a small, but global, team, you will provide first and second line technical support for our cloud hosting services, maintain the infrastructure on which the services run, and work with developers to improve the products. You will have opportunities to re-shape and evolve the nature of your role so as to find the best fit between your skills, your personal development, and the smooth running of the company.
ElasticHosts started in 2008, building one of the world's first public cloud systems, which we continue to develop and operate to this day, in addition to licensing the underlying technology to other cloud providers around the world. Built from open source Linux technologies, integrated with Python/Django, our cloud servers are VMs running on Linux KVM. Ever innovative, we were the first to launch auto-scaling Linux container-based cloud servers in April 2014, and we were listed as the second-fastest-growing UK Internet company over the last five years, in the prestigious Deloitte "Fast 50" list. ElasticHosts was acquired by Paragon Internet Group in 2016 and is continuing to actively develop the product.
We are looking for a technical support engineer to join our growing team.
- Confirming, diagnosing and resolving technical issues in production environments, raised by cloud server customers from around the world
- Handling operational alerts and escalating issues to in-house and external teams as required
- Supporting the sales team in answering technical sales enquiries
- Liaising with local support over hardware issues (installations, disk swaps etc.)
- Collaborating with developers: reporting bugs and suggesting new features
Essential Attributes, Experience, Education, Skills:
- Strong customer focus
- Excellent written and spoken English
- First class experience with installation and administration of Linux
- Good at prioritising and multitasking
- Fast learner with intellectual curiosity and a positive approach
- Well organised, with attention to detail
- Great team-worker and able to use initiative
- Experience with Linux virtualization, ideally KVM
- Experience with IaaS or other cloud environments
- Experience with Windows Server
- Solid understanding of x86 computer architecture
- Experience with network principles, troubleshooting and tools (ping, traceroute, ARP, etc.)
- Understanding of web hosting technologies: domains, DNS, IPs, firewalls, load-balancing, web servers, web application frameworks, databases, etc.
- Experience with DevOps processes and tools
Applications from enthusiastic graduates with relevant hobby experience are welcomed.
To apply, please email your CV to email@example.com. Please include salary expectations in your cover letter. Prior to interview there will be a test for you to complete.
Strictly no agencies please.
Working for ElasticHosts
ElasticHosts is a fast-growing, vibrant and flexible company with a passion for our work and a friendly, informal atmosphere. We are proud to be declared the 2nd fastest-growing Internet Company in the UK by Deloitte. If you’re looking for a job with great learning opportunities, a chance to share ideas and your attitude is hard work and having fun at the same time, then you could be our next ElasticHoster! Please view our current opportunities above. If you think you’re suitable, please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Life at ElasticHosts
We are a friendly company with a world-wide team that works closely together to provide both the best working environment for us, and the best technology and support for our customers.